* If you are not sure if the pop-up blocker is disabled for this web site, please pay special attention to bullet point #6 *
1. To change your Internet password manually, log in to your iNotes account by using the default password.
2. Click on Preferences as shown below.
3. Click on Security and then on Change... button
4. In the Change Password screen, enter your old Internet password, enter a new Internet password, and then confirm your new Internet password by entering it again in the corresponding fields. The password quality guidelines are the same as the Notes password guidelines.
5. Click the OK button.
The below screen shot confirms you've changed your password successfully.
This below process only applies to the situation when the pop-up blocker was not disabled.
6. If the pop-up blocker was not previously disabled, you will see the following screen. You need to click the yellow bar located at the top of the "Change Password" box.
DO NOT CLOSE THIS SCREEN BY CLICKING THE X IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. This process will not work
Once you click you will see "Allow pop-ups for email5.downstate.edu" Click Yes.
After clicking Yes, you will be redirected to the next screen shown below.
Reenter your new password in the "Type old Notes ID password" field; because the information has been altered in the previous unsuccessful attempt of changing password.
Enter the same new password in the following two fields as well, and click OK.
You should then receive confirmation of a successful password change.