If the Delivery Options dialog box is not open, create a mail message and choose Actions - Delivery Options.
Tip You can also specify some of these delivery options by clicking this icon in a new mail message and selecting the options from lists. You can specify the importance, the priority, the digital signature, and the return receipt.
To set the importance of a message
All messages are of Normal importance by default. Setting a message as High importance displays an exclamation point next to the message in the recipient(s)' views, and a red envelope next to the message in your views. Importance does not change the order in or speed with which Notes delivers messages.
1. Create a message and choose Actions - Delivery Options.
2. On the Basic tab, under Importance, select High or Low (Normal is the default), and click OK.
To confirm delivery of a message
Notes uses delivery reports to confirm delivery of messages to the recipient(s)' mail server(s).
2. On the Basic tab, under "Delivery report," select one of the following and click OK.
To change the delivery priority of a Notes mail message
Delivery priority controls how soon Notes routes a message to Notes mail recipients.
2. On the Basic tab, under "Delivery priority," select one of the following and click OK.
Note Low Priority Mail only applies to messages that are sent to another server. Messages sent to a user on the same mail server are delivered immediately.
To confirm that a message is opened (return receipt)
If a recipient's mail client supports this feature, you can have Notes notify you when the recipient either reads, deletes, or prints a message you sent. Many Internet mail programs support return receipts. However, even if a recipient's mail client supports this feature, the recipient's organization may not allow it for security reasons.
2. On the Basic tab, select "Return receipt" and click OK.
To prevent copying or forwarding of a Notes mail message
You can prevent Notes mail recipients from copying a Notes mail message that you send. This includes copying with the clipboard, forwarding, replying with history, and printing. However, this option is merely a deterrent to copying. Recipients can still use other means to copy the message.
2. On the Basic tab, select "Prevent copying" and click OK.
To spell check mail before delivery
You can have Notes automatically spell check your message before delivery.
2. On the Basic tab, select "Auto spellcheck" and click OK.
To prevent receipt of out-of-office messages from others
If you know that a colleague or friend is on vacation, and want to be able to send the person messages without receiving out-of-office replies, you can have Notes refuse this type of reply.
2. On the Basic tab, select "Do not notify me if recipient(s) are running Out of Office" and click OK.
To add a mood stamp to a Notes mail message
You can use a mood stamp to indicate that a Notes mail message is a particular type of message, such as a personal message or thank you message. Notes shows the stamp next to the message in the recipient's view and at the top of the rich-text area in the message itself.
2. On the Basic tab, in the drop-down list under "Mood Stamp," select a stamp style and click OK. To show no mood stamp, leave Normal selected.